Sunday, May 6, 2007

Le Cafe Michi @ 1802 Pharmacy Avenue

Marz is one of my favorite website on restaurant review. After reading Marz's article about Le Cafe Michi, I went to the restaurant to have a try. This is actually a very interesting restaurant. It is a cafe and it is also a Japaneses restaurant. I guess this is what we call fusion. (I also want to thank my gf for being my food adventure partner too ^_^.)
  • The BBQ chicken rice was definitely authentic. We order one ginger based and one onion based. The chicken was pretty good. The rice was sticky and the rice vinegar was of the correct portion.
  • The blueberry cheesecake was reasonably good. But there was no surprise. Since Michi is a Cafe, I was expecting a spectacular cake. Any Kesley's, Boston Pizza, or even Swiss Chalet has better cake then Michi. The Cappuccino mousse cake was bad. The mousse was not soft enough and not quite adhesive to the cake. They need to try harder in order to meet the Toronto standard.
  • The service was crazily slow. We waited more than half an hour before the waitress came over to take our order. Well, I thought they were Japanese...
  • Michi is located in an old little mall in Scarborough, Toronto. I was a little bit alarmed after parking my car at the back and got into "protect-my-gf-mode."

No comments: